Thursday, April 29, 2010

When it rains it pours

So none of you want me for an entire year...until this week!

This week was a very frustrating week for me, but in the end I will be employed and that is what matters. As of Friday I was offered a contract position with a PR agency to work for the summer doing media relations for a big event. However, I was also in line for a full time account coordinator role with the sports marketing agency that is closer to home. So what to do?

I called the sports marketing company Monday morning, to explain my situation but emphasize that I am dedicated to this role with them. They informed me to take the contract role, but that they are still deciding for their positions and may be contacting me for an offer. So I took the contract, and waited for the call either way. Well guess what..I am still waiting! If they call me Friday afternoon, the day before my contract starts I may lose my shit.

As well just to make my life more interesting an advertising sales job that I was in line for a few months ago decided to offer me a position this week as well. I have to say it is hard to turn down a job when I have been searching so furiously for the past year for anyone to give me a career related job.

In the end (well we won't know until tomorrow), but in the end I will be working with the PR agency until September. Which I think is the best move for me, especially seeing the experience it will get me in the industry that I would like to be a part of, and have almost killed myself trying.

So next week this PR Wanna-be becomes a PR be, or a PR professional works I guess too.


PR...be

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment